- Marijuana and Terpenes: An OverviewPosted 1385 days ago
- Is Marijuana Addictive?Posted 1468 days ago
- Does Marijuana Cause Lung Damage?Posted 1523 days ago
- What Makes Marijuana a ‘Psychoactive’ Substance?Posted 1527 days ago
- How Does Marijuana Affect Dopamine?Posted 1577 days ago
- Can You Overdose On Marijuana?Posted 1580 days ago
- What is CBD?Posted 1582 days ago
- What is THC?Posted 1584 days ago
- Does Marijuana Cause Brain Damage?Posted 1610 days ago
- Cannabis: A Powerful AntioxidantPosted 1611 days ago
John McCain Thinks ‘Maybe We Should Legalize’ Marijuana
TruthOnPot.com – Arizona Senator John McCain seems open to the idea of legalizing marijuana.
The former Republican presidential nominee was quoted on the topic Thursday by journalist Tim Steller during a town hall meeting in Tuscon.
McCain: “Maybe we should legalize. We’re certainly moving that way as far as marijuana is concerned. I respect the will of the people”
— Tim Steller (@senyorreporter) September 5, 2013
Medical marijuana has been legal in Arizona since 2010, but recreational use is still not.
A poll conducted in May found that 56% of state residents favored legalization of small amount of marijuana “for personal use,” while only 37% opposed the idea.
A group called Safer Arizona is now working on gathering signatures in order to put legalization on the ballet for 2014.
Last year, the senator’s daughter Meghan McCain also voiced her support for legalization during NBC’s Tonight Show With Jay Leno, reports The Huffington Post.
She spoke about using marijuana herself and the research she did that led her to come out “publicly in support of it.”