- Marijuana and Terpenes: An OverviewPosted 1378 days ago
- Is Marijuana Addictive?Posted 1461 days ago
- Does Marijuana Cause Lung Damage?Posted 1516 days ago
- What Makes Marijuana a ‘Psychoactive’ Substance?Posted 1521 days ago
- How Does Marijuana Affect Dopamine?Posted 1571 days ago
- Can You Overdose On Marijuana?Posted 1573 days ago
- What is CBD?Posted 1576 days ago
- What is THC?Posted 1577 days ago
- Does Marijuana Cause Brain Damage?Posted 1603 days ago
- Cannabis: A Powerful AntioxidantPosted 1604 days ago
Hemp Gelato: A Dessert That’s Actually Good For You
TruthOnPot.com – It seems like hemp can be used for almost anything these days, including ice cream. Made from hemp milk – a blend of hemp seeds and water – the concept of hemp gelato was born out of one man’s desire for a “delicious, nutritious, animal-and-earth-friendly frozen dessert.”
When Washington D.C. resident and dedicated vegan Asher Radkowsky realized such a product had yet to exist, he set out to create his own using an ingredient he calls “powerfully nutritious” – hemp seeds.
Sweetened with agave nectar and premium belgium chocolate, Asher’s Zendulgence gelato comes in four different flavors: chocolate, chocolate raspberry, chocolate mint, and a chocolate-hazelnut combo called Gianduja.
While the frozen treat may be an obvious choice for the lactose intolerant – including none other than Colorado Rep. Jared Polis, who reportedly sampled Zendulgence gelato last week at a Vote Hemp brunch and gave it “two thumbs up” – its incredible nutritional profile should be enough to tempt any ice cream lover.
Just half a cup of Zendulgence gelato packs 600 milligrams of omega-3 fats, 4 to 5 grams of protein, 4 grams of fiber, and a variety of vitamins and minerals. Gluten-free, diary-free and only 190 calories per serving, Asher once said in an interview with Natural Products Expo he believes hemp gelato is so nutritious that “anyone can eat as much as they like.”
The only drawback of this heavenly hemp dessert? If you don’t live in the Baltimore or Washington D.C. area, you may have to stick with regular ice cream for now. According to their website, only 10 food stores currently carry Zendulgence’s product.