- Marijuana and Terpenes: An OverviewPosted 969 days ago
- Is Marijuana Addictive?Posted 1052 days ago
- Does Marijuana Cause Lung Damage?Posted 1107 days ago
- What Makes Marijuana a ‘Psychoactive’ Substance?Posted 1111 days ago
- How Does Marijuana Affect Dopamine?Posted 1161 days ago
- Can You Overdose On Marijuana?Posted 1164 days ago
- What is CBD?Posted 1166 days ago
- What is THC?Posted 1168 days ago
- Does Marijuana Cause Brain Damage?Posted 1194 days ago
- Cannabis: A Powerful AntioxidantPosted 1195 days ago
In Spain’s Canaries, cannabis club thrives discreetly
Source: New Straits Times
LAS PALMAS, Spain – In the garden of the cannabis smoking club in the town of Mogan on Spain’s Canary Islands, lush green marijuana leaves with serrated edges bask in the sun before being harvested, dried and processed to be consumed on site.
Several members of the club located on the southwest coast of the island of Gran Canaria calmly roll a joint or smoke a water pipe while one man dissects fragrant dried marijuana flowers before storing them in a jar.
“I started to smoke when I was very young, 14 or 15 years old, to rebel against what is banned,” said Andres Ibarra, the 40-year-old gardener and president of the club as he used a pair of scissors to trim a marijuana plant.
“Pretty quickly, I started to grow for my own consumption, because what I was being offered in the town square was always adulterated products, which were very expensive given the quality,” said Andres, who sports a shaved head and two gold earrings and who calls himself a “recreational user” of marijuana.
Spanish law prohibits the possession of soft drugs like cannabis in public and its growth to be sold for profit is illegal.
But the law does tolerate growing cannabis for personal use and its consumption in private.