- Does Marijuana Cause Schizophrenia?Posted 379 days ago
- Self-Medicating: What Is It?Posted 391 days ago
- Is Marijuana Addictive?Posted 393 days ago
- The Endocannabinoid System: An OverviewPosted 394 days ago
- Hemp Seeds: Nature’s SuperfoodPosted 402 days ago
- Does Marijuana Cause Lung Damage?Posted 448 days ago
- What Makes Marijuana a ‘Psychoactive’ Substance?Posted 452 days ago
- Can You Overdose On Marijuana?Posted 504 days ago
- What is CBD?Posted 507 days ago
- What is THC?Posted 509 days ago
Colombia: Fighting Drug Addiction With Marijuana
Source: ABC News
For decades, Colombia has been searching for ways to treat people who are addicted to basuco, the nation’s version of crack cocaine.
Now, the country’s capital, Bogota, is considering a new approach: transition users to marijuana.
BBC Mundo reports that the city is interested in trying a pilot program to see if pot helps mitigate the symptoms of withdrawal that basuco users experience. The goal is to minimize the social and health risks that accompany the drug.
Basuco isn’t the same as crack, but it’s an apt comparison. Like crack, it’s smokable and more common among a poorer segment of society.