- Marijuana and Terpenes: An OverviewPosted 624 days ago
- Is Marijuana Addictive?Posted 707 days ago
- Does Marijuana Cause Lung Damage?Posted 762 days ago
- What Makes Marijuana a ‘Psychoactive’ Substance?Posted 767 days ago
- How Does Marijuana Affect Dopamine?Posted 817 days ago
- Can You Overdose On Marijuana?Posted 819 days ago
- What is CBD?Posted 822 days ago
- What is THC?Posted 823 days ago
- Does Marijuana Cause Brain Damage?Posted 849 days ago
- Cannabis: A Powerful AntioxidantPosted 850 days ago
Colombia: Fighting Drug Addiction With Marijuana
Source: ABC News
For decades, Colombia has been searching for ways to treat people who are addicted to basuco, the nation’s version of crack cocaine.
Now, the country’s capital, Bogota, is considering a new approach: transition users to marijuana.
BBC Mundo reports that the city is interested in trying a pilot program to see if pot helps mitigate the symptoms of withdrawal that basuco users experience. The goal is to minimize the social and health risks that accompany the drug.
Basuco isn’t the same as crack, but it’s an apt comparison. Like crack, it’s smokable and more common among a poorer segment of society.