- The Health Benefits of Juicing CannabisPosted 480 days ago
- Is Marijuana Addictive?Posted 586 days ago
- The Endocannabinoid System: An OverviewPosted 587 days ago
- Hemp Seeds: Nature’s SuperfoodPosted 595 days ago
- Does Marijuana Cause Lung Damage?Posted 641 days ago
- What Makes Marijuana a ‘Psychoactive’ Substance?Posted 646 days ago
- Can You Overdose On Marijuana?Posted 698 days ago
- What is CBD?Posted 701 days ago
- What is THC?Posted 702 days ago
- Does Marijuana Cause Brain Damage?Posted 728 days ago
Colombia: Fighting Drug Addiction With Marijuana
Source: ABC News
For decades, Colombia has been searching for ways to treat people who are addicted to basuco, the nation’s version of crack cocaine.
Now, the country’s capital, Bogota, is considering a new approach: transition users to marijuana.
BBC Mundo reports that the city is interested in trying a pilot program to see if pot helps mitigate the symptoms of withdrawal that basuco users experience. The goal is to minimize the social and health risks that accompany the drug.
Basuco isn’t the same as crack, but it’s an apt comparison. Like crack, it’s smokable and more common among a poorer segment of society.